Growing Tenleytown/NW DC-based private practice seeking to add members to our team. Below is a description of the practice and the position.
We are a thriving family psychotherapy practice serving families with children of all ages, college students, young professionals, and individual adults. We are proximal to numerous public (DCPS) and private/parochial elementary, middle, and high schools as well as to a local university, and we are located within steps of a metro station. We provide individual, family, and group therapy. Our client base is diverse: insurance and fee-for-service clientele are welcomed and well-represented. Our team members are independent contractors, and will slowly build and maintain a caseload of 6-20+ clients per week at a rate of competitive compensation.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field
- Licensed to practice independently at the clinical level (eg. LICSW, LPC, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist) in Washington, DC. No graduate-level licensee applications will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of post-clinical licensure work experience: experience providing therapy in a private practice a plus; those with experience in agency, school, or healthcare-based backgrounds will also be considered
- Paneled or will apply to panel with Carefirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Post-graduate psychotherapy training strongly preferred (if no formal psychotherapy training in history, a commitment to ongoing training and supervision is required)
- Psychodynamic treatment foundation, with adjunctive practice/theory specializations such as play therapy, expressive arts therapies, or mind-body approaches and interventions highly desired
- Self-starter, motivated, innovative, and creative
- Available at least one afternoon and evening or weekend day per week, and can provide more than one day or block of availability.
- Ability to maintain a caseload of at least 6 clients, with a desire to build beyond that to 20+ if desired.
- Especially seeking child therapists, play therapists, and therapists trained in couple and family therapy!
Interested individuals should submit a CV/resume, cover letter including availability, and two references (letters of professional reference for consideration are preferred).
Please send materials to
Erika Bugaj, MA, MSW, LICSW, Director at [email protected]